were do i find someone to professionally balance my sound system?

kodg -- Tue, 02/24/2009 - 07:53

I have a rectangular room & have the used the golden cubiod corners & a lot of accoustic insulation but, i would like to pay a pro to come out & balance my system?  it sound damn good but, i dont have the equipment or expertise to properly balanace my room other than the AUDYSSEY MULTEQ  automatic speaker set up microphone that came w/ my integra 7.9 amp.
Any recommendations on a company or pro WHO could come out & do this?
aim located in cleveland, southwest suburb. 
thanks in advance ,
kodg [at] verizon [dot] net

Steven Stone -- Tue, 02/24/2009 - 10:20

 While there is an organization that trains and certifies video calibrators - ISF (Image Science Foundation), I'm unaware of a similar audio organization.
Perhaps your local high-end dealer has someone who would be able to visit your home and make some suggestions...

Steven Stone
Contributor to The Absolute Sound, EnjoytheMusic.com, Vintage Guitar Magazine, and other fine publications

Robert Harley -- Wed, 02/25/2009 - 12:28

There isn't much a professional could do that Audyssey can't, except start with good loudspeaker placement so that Audyssey doesn't have such big peaks and dips to correct. You can find a free guide to loudspeaker placement in "Robert Harley's System Set-Up Secrets," a free download available here:

All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1999 - 2011 NextScreen. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or part in any form or medium without specific written permission is prohibited.