Viewsonic Pro 8100...Anybody got one?

default -- Thu, 08/06/2009 - 16:19

This projector listed for $5K last year (I'm sure street price was even then about a $500 to $1000 less or thereabouts), but is now available for between $1.3 and $1.4K.  I pulled the trigger and expecting it on or about the 14th of August.  Does anyone own this projector and if so what are your impressions based on the best settings you've found?  This should be a very good buy on a 1080p model as it has a very full feature accompianment.

ht - dude (not verified) -- Thu, 08/20/2009 - 18:29

Like you I just bought it and the initial settings are not great, but some careful fooling around and now it looks amazing. I purchased a new house and couldn't resist the projector for that price. The specs are unreal and the quality is very good. The place I bought it from in Canada have sold outr and that was my motivation. I have installed a few home theatres for friends and love the excitement of it. The new house willbe quite unreal. I already have the Fixed screen purchased and the plans for the pre-amp, 5 separate poweramp amp, 15 speaker, 2 sub-woofer, 40 X14 in home theatre. Originally didn't want a new house, but can't wait to move now. Anyway, enough with the bragging, but saw your post while looking for tips as well.... I know they only sold this projector comercially to installers before and they mentioned that in the reviews. So I am hoping to find someone who has a little bit more than my 1 week experience as well. If your picture isn't very good by now write back & I will describe what I did. Mostly tiral & error..../Cheers!
Peter!

scotty cardwell (not verified) -- Tue, 09/08/2009 - 19:39

hey buddy what did you do to get the picture looking good. mine is a little grainy and i cant figure it out. thanks in advance.  scotty cardwell

Chris K (not verified) -- Sun, 01/24/2010 - 10:16

Looking to purchase the Pro 8100 from Viewsonic,  does anyone know where I can get one?

All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1999 - 2011 NextScreen. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or part in any form or medium without specific written permission is prohibited.