They about the same price. I know I am not comparing apples to apples but was hoping somebody could give me advice on which one to go for. So far these are the notes I have made:
Van 2ce Sig 2
- long production life
- requires bi wiring cables
- no bad reviews at all
- takes up less floor space
- not much to look out but not a skyscraper either
- new, but good reviews, but some personal feedback from owners indicate its of a different cloth to the 1.6 and sounds bright
- some owners are concerned that Magnepan is not releasing measurements and could be hdiing something???
- needs lots of floor space to sing
- looks are less appealing
I have had many box speakers and moved on due to brightness or not enough air and detail. Quad 22L was probably my favorite. I also have had Maggie MMG and 1.6, really liked the 1.6 but found it soft in the treble and not as detailed as some box speakers. With the new 1.7 and reports of it being a little brigther than older models has me interested. But this could be because those owners have not broken them in yet. I have Odyssey Audio Stratos mono blocs with a TAD-150 tube preamp. so i dont believe I have any current or damping issues to control any of the 2 speakers. btw I have never heard Vandersteens but all reviews indicate they are detailed and somewhat sweet and lean towards warmth.
I listen to blues, mainly jazz and sometimes classic rock. i don't like a lot of bass either but only when its needed. I also prefer a more recessed presence (behind speakers) than in your face.
So.....Which one of the two is musical, detailed, has great width and soudstage depth and not bright.?
thx in advance