Sony Ta-da 9000es VS Pioneer vsa-ax10ai-s

barasn -- Mon, 01/25/2010 - 14:07

hı ı need your help about receivers ı thınk to buy sony or pıoneer old model receiver sony look lıke stronger watts but pioneer have a good technology which one is better pioneer or sony receiver thank u
 my setup definitive bp 30 front,klipsch rc 64 center ,definitive bpvx rear and definitve supercube referance subwoofer whıch receiver gıve better results thank u

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/VSA-AX10Ai-S/index.html

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hfc-amplifier/ta-da

Boomzilla -- Tue, 01/26/2010 - 04:01

Hi Barasn -

Your speakers give you some flexibility - the Klipsch models are relatively sensitive and will play loudly with few watts.  Also, their impedance is an "easy to drive" electrical load.  That means that either of the receivers you're looking at should work well with them.

So far as the Sony vs. Pioneer question, that could be debated endlessly.  At one time, the Sony products had a bit too much edge in the treble range, in my personal opinion, but that has been fixed in more recent models.  If you have a chance to listen to the two receivers, select based on what sounds better to your ears.  

Power ratings on AV receivers are mostly wishful thinking on the part of the manufacturers.  Don't make ANY buying decision based on published wattage ratings unless there is at least a two-to-one wattage difference.  For example, a 75-watt rating on a NAD product is probably the equivalent of a 150-watt rating on anyone else's equipment.  The difference between a 75-watt Sony and a 100-watt Pioneer, however, may range from "no difference" to "the Sony (or Pioneer) puts out more wattage."  Without bench testing, you've no way to know the actual power outputs.  Therefore, don't use wattage as a comparison tool.

Happy shopping and I wish I had your Definitive Reference Supercube subwoofer!  :-)

Boomzilla

A good sense of humor makes it ALL sound better!

barasn -- Tue, 01/26/2010 - 09:38

thank for answer but need more advice about these receiver anyone can help?

All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1999 - 2011 NextScreen. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or part in any form or medium without specific written permission is prohibited.