Shure SRH840

slovell -- Fri, 07/23/2010 - 14:43

Anyone using these cans? I read the positive  review in the buyers guide and I'm curious if anyone has first-hand experience with them. I'm thinking of putting together a budget ($200-$250) phones and amp system. Any opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Sam

discman -- Mon, 07/26/2010 - 17:33

I've heard them, but I don't own them. I think the logical alternative is the AKG K702. But depending on your amp expenditure and taste, Grados (SR 225 or SR 60) have to be on your list.

Eisener Bart -- Sun, 06/24/2012 - 13:43

I've bought it only a week ago. It is already burned enough (I used special signals day & night) but I temporary don't have good amp for testing. My portable soundcard doesn't permit to find out all pluses and minuses. The kit is luxurious. 
What I can hear right now? Well, headphones are rare neutral, timbre balance is O.K. Comfort - 4 points (using system from 0 to 5).
I paid 200 USD, I may consider that is good deal.
I can write detailed review, but later, my special designed amp will be ready in the end of July - beg. of August.
I tried to playback with my iPod, sensitivity of headphones is enough.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.

All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1999 - 2011 NextScreen. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or part in any form or medium without specific written permission is prohibited.