Problems in wiring my JBL L7/Pioneer M-91/oppo 981hd

default -- Sat, 10/10/2009 - 03:53

How's it going guys I'm not new to HT but I am new to high end HT.I have spent the last couple of years trying to complete my system. It consist of Oppo dvi 981hd two Pioneer M-91 amps and 4 JBL's L7's and a center channel that is two JBL's L7's in a custom enclosure. The only speakers I'm trying to hook up are the RF LF and Center channel. I hooked up my center channel to one amp and my RF and LF to my other amp. The thing is that I don't know how to conect two amps to my decoder or if it's even possible. Anything will help thanks

Eltoro (not verified) -- Sat, 10/10/2009 - 03:56

Thanks for all your help guys

Hairsonfire -- Fri, 02/11/2011 - 08:47

Wow, no answer from anyone?  I cant tell what kind of processor/preamp you have, not familiar with the oppo.  However, I had the same speakers (they were fantastic) and I  would really like to see a picture of the double center channnel!

Misanthrope

Steven Stone -- Fri, 02/11/2011 - 10:58

Its been a long time since I used that model Oppo, but if it has fixed levels on its analog outputs you're going to need a preamp, AV/pre-pro, receiver with pre-outs or some other way to adjust volume levels, unless the power amps have their own level or input controls. 

Steven Stone
Contributor to The Absolute Sound, EnjoytheMusic.com, Vintage Guitar Magazine, and other fine publications

All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1999 - 2011 NextScreen. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or part in any form or medium without specific written permission is prohibited.