Anyone bought the new Sony BDP-S350 BD player?

Robert Harley -- Thu, 07/31/2008 - 09:31

Has anyone bought the new Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray player? If so, have you had any problems with it stopping after a few seconds of play and displaying the error message "no disc"?

gamcelfresh -- Sat, 11/15/2008 - 22:52

Just purchased the sony blu-ray BDP-350 from Best Buy. It worked once and then all of a sudden I cannot get it to read any disc that I put it. It only reads "no disc".

The only good thing about this is that it happened immediately but it sure doesn't make me feel good about returning it for the same model.

:cry:

Anonymous350 (not verified) -- Sat, 03/21/2009 - 16:06

We have the Sony Blue ray 350 model and are experiencing the same 'no disc' problem.
We called Sony and followed their directions and the problem has persisted.  From  reading other websites, this seems to be a frequent problem with both the 300 and the 350 model.

Are there any full proof suggestions other than to  return the item?

Robert Harley -- Mon, 11/17/2008 - 14:02

That's two units with the same problem.

My 350, which I've had for about two months, has worked fine.

john195 -- Sun, 02/28/2010 - 23:07

I had problems with Sony so i gave it away to my sister and picked up a Panasonic DMR-BW500 Blu-ray recorder with twin HD tuners and 500gb hard disk and No more problems with any Blu-ray, DVD & CD, also reads AVCHD SDHC cards !

RichTeer -- Mon, 11/17/2008 - 16:03

It might be worth checking to see if there's an updated firmware available from Sony to address this issue.

Robert Harley -- Mon, 11/17/2008 - 19:19

Good thought.

mrsantafe1978 -- Sat, 05/29/2010 - 23:23

Hello my name is michael and my wife and i bought a sony bd350 BD player. We were amazed at how it worked and we bought two blue rays then and it worked great. We didnt use it for a while for bd but we played a ton of dvds on it. We went to play a bd and now it wont recognize any bd. I have done a firmware upgrage and talked for sony for an hour or so. I did a reset off the menu but still no bd play. When i put the discs in it just says but with will play BD data and dvd. We would love any ideas that you might have.
michael_seelye [at] msn [dot] com
Thank you.

Ivan Gonzalez (not verified) -- Sun, 06/06/2010 - 22:43

hi!
have you solved the problem with your bdp-s350 bluray player? mine just died yesterday, i had it for 7 months...and all of the sudden it won't recognize any disc i try to play....

if you've solved it please reply....
thank you

Anonymous -- Wed, 11/26/2008 - 23:47

i just opened mine and it says "no disc" as well

Anonymous -- Wed, 11/26/2008 - 23:50

this could be the most frustrating thing ever

Anonymous -- Fri, 11/28/2008 - 12:21

I bought, after reading a lot, the Panasonic BD-55, which I will open at Christmas. Anyone have that one, and how has it been.
Everything I read online has been glowing, positive.
Mike Colwell

Anonymous (not verified) -- Wed, 12/17/2008 - 00:45

I'm having the "no disc" problem also.  Does anyone have a solution?

Andrew (not verified) -- Fri, 03/13/2009 - 11:49

try taking the disc out of the BD player then back in again. then press eject to close tray. Let it load up and see what happens.  if that doesn't remedy it, remove the disc. then on  the player panel front, press the stop button and Standby button together, to resent to default / factory settings.  Replace the disc on the tray, press eject  for the tray to close, wait a few moments for it two load up. If  it still shows no disc. contact the shop you purchased it from, and  have it replaced with a updated model, S-500.

I got the BDP S-300. it's brilliant.

Andrew Murr

Sheffield

masseyce (not verified) -- Thu, 09/24/2009 - 21:54

Having the same problem 'No Disc' - called Sony and they said they don't have any known issues with the 350....they had me reset to factory settings and unplug for 1 minute....of course it did not help.
Now they are saying the player must be serviced......should be under warranty...hope I can find my receipt.

chuck (not verified) -- Tue, 09/29/2009 - 19:47

Mine was fine until I installed the firmware update, now can't read BD's.  Of course I don't have the receipt.  Did your problem start after firmware update?

chuck (not verified) -- Mon, 11/09/2009 - 20:19

I finally contacted Sony in Japan.  I received a call from Sony America within two days.  They agreed to fix my player and I got an e-mail it's on the way to me via UPS, delivery this Wednesday.

Linda (not verified) -- Wed, 10/21/2009 - 14:01

My Sony bdp-s350 blu ray player frozen . So I turned it off & now the player doesn’t recognise any discs, it says “no disc”, and only the eject tray works. I purchase my blu ray almost a year!! :(

gladiatorproduction (not verified) -- Tue, 10/27/2009 - 04:01

i have had my sony bluray s350 series for just under a year .having watched at least 300 blu ray films.....i have now just recently have the problem of not recognizing some bluray discs .strangely for example one film ....i load it twice came up no disc . then gave it another go and it played .....than ejected .....tried once again...than you guessed it no disc....so it was a intermittent problem ....so in all logic the player is the problem ..
i also have updated the firmware which never solved the problem
so if your player is under warranty return it to the store of purchase,let them deal with it

redhades (not verified) -- Thu, 11/19/2009 - 11:01

I feel you all guys! I've had mine under a year and got the same problem this weekend "No Disc". I called Sony and they told me to reset it to the factory settings but your guess is good as mine; it didn't work. I found out that so many people has the same issue with the S350 and that really sucks considering the high reputation sony has when it comes to electronics. Now I've completely lost faith in them and thinking of getting another Blu ray player. They told me to call them again if the reset doesn't work (which they knew it wasn't going to work) so I'll do that today and see what they say. But in all honesty, Sony has lost my vote on electronics!

james dean (not verified) -- Thu, 03/18/2010 - 13:21

Hi how do you re set it ? i have bought a 2nd hand one and i cant get any video out of any of the outputs says hd on the sceen of teh player. i have tried HDMI CABLE S video cable and normal video cable but no video is coming out.

Cole (not verified) -- Sun, 11/29/2009 - 20:14

I have a sony blu ray S350 with a bravia sony hdtv. The blu ray player will not play on the tv but will play via my old 25 inch tube tv with the composite cables. When I turn it on hooked up to the hdtv with hdmi or component or composite, it loads and then turns off. I have unplugged it, factory default, etc still nothing. I take it to best buy and it works. Could it be the tv itself? Thanks

Anonymous9 (not verified) -- Thu, 12/17/2009 - 10:58

For the same problem with my S350, updated the new update to play the next Harry Potter it played for ten minutes froze and will no longer play any disc, just had it over the year, pissed off! Like sony and my TV is brill, but my replacement bluray wont be a sony now

Andrew (not verified) -- Sat, 01/02/2010 - 14:44

The same problem as most on this forum.  I bought my Sony 350 just over a year ago.  It froze last week and now it wont read a single disk.  i'm very disappointed with Sony and must admit that this incident has evaporated any trust i had in the Sony brand.

mecolwell -- Sun, 01/03/2010 - 21:56

I have the Panasonic BD-55, replaced with the essentially same  BD-80, and have done the firmware updates when they have been released, and have never had any hiccup at all with it, reads fast, plays everything without fail, no audio dropouts, or other anomolies.
I watch one to two movies a week, and got it last Christmas.
Sonys have always seemed to be plagued with glithches, for some reason.
My system consists, in part, of the Panasonic feeding an Onkyo Pro 885 (Integra 9.8), straight HDMI then to a Mitsubishi Diamond 57"DLP.
Mike

VinylGuy

Welshman (not verified) -- Sat, 04/03/2010 - 10:11

I've tried upgrading the software but it didn't work. I've also opened the drive to check the condition of the laser for dust/damage but it seems OK. The issue must be hardware - BD drive related. It's also worth noting in the "video" menu option I can see a "BD data" icon (active). Should the icon be there? I'm shocked tbh. Such poor quality from Sony!

Glen (not verified) -- Sat, 04/10/2010 - 03:03

I've had my 350 for just about a year. It wont read disks. I pulled the power and that worked once so my next step was to connect it up to the internet and try and download new firmware. After faffing all morning Ive still not managed to connect to the net. This is not good......DONT BUY SONY BLURAY, you have been warned.

mohan (not verified) -- Sat, 04/10/2010 - 05:07

Sony 350 has some  serious issues ,out of 23 people i know who have sony 350.
 16 have reported problems of reading disc including mine. 

ernie (not verified) -- Sun, 04/11/2010 - 12:03

why won't my sony bdp s350 blu ray play mp3 audio...it reads it as a data disc and looks for a photo. It plays regular cd just fine, but no mp3....anyone know why?

Glen (not verified) -- Tue, 05/25/2010 - 12:59

I have a Sony BDP s350. It wont read bluray disks. This is the second time ive tried to sort it out. Play.com dont want to deal with it and Sony just want me to take it to a repair centre. The problem is its under a year old, firmware is updated and it still plays old bluray. Its cost me ££££££ in phone bills to Sony. They dont care and im going to end up like everyone else here. Sony stole my money

Kaveh (not verified) -- Wed, 06/09/2010 - 19:26

Do the Firmware update, I have the version 5.30 on my bpd-s300 and it made the load times a little faster too.

All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1999 - 2011 NextScreen. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or part in any form or medium without specific written permission is prohibited.