Amplifiers - knowledge or faith - Funk preamplifier with dynamic 137,5 dB (A-weighted) !!!

jacusz -- Fri, 02/24/2012 - 03:46

I always ask me why the more expensive amplifier the less parameters you can see, not to mention the conditions in which they were measured. Is it not suspicious? If you see user manual from Funk preamplifiers it is unbelievable . If somebody know another company which do not afraid to publish such measurements any informations are welcome.

www.funk-tonstudiotechnik.de

funktonstudiotechnik.blogspot.com
funk-mtx-v3-monitor.blogspot.com

vade@att.net -- Fri, 02/24/2012 - 11:24

Does the volume of published information mean a component sounds better?

Vade Forrester

jacusz -- Sat, 02/25/2012 - 03:04

No, but it is mean you have nothing to hide. If we stay in world of faith, I agree it doesn't meter. But if you wont seriously to compare two things you must have a scale. If you have two perfect devices, may they have a different sound?

vade@att.net -- Sun, 03/04/2012 - 00:53

I have no trouble living in a world of faith. Aside from religious implications, I have faith that what I and other competent reviewers hear when listening to a component gives a good indication how that component sounds. On the other hand, you're definitely living in a world of faith if you believe standard measurements will tell you how a component sounds, or even which one is best. For example, does a component with .0001% THD sound better than one with .001%?

Vade Forrester

jacusz -- Thu, 04/12/2012 - 16:34

I also do not have trouble living in a world of faith. But there is something totally different. Why should I pay ten or a hundred time more for devices which are just primitive in compare to devices from Funk ? I do not want to talk about sound - it is so subjective so it has no sense. What I really like today, tomorrow can be awful. But I talked with mastering engineers and they all told me, they never heard such sound and never could assess dynamic of sound source because all devices are mostly worse as this source. So not everybody need Funk preamplifiers but in professional studios they are  irreplaceable.
Otherwise I am also electronic engineer and I am developed some amplifiers. Now I know what 130dB dynamic mean and how difficult is to achieve it. Without Funk laboratory it is impossible. It is just honesty to build devices and sale them for reasonable price and not just to talk incredible stories about nothing.

vade@att.net -- Thu, 04/12/2012 - 19:25

I have never heard a Funk preamp, and am not criticizing it. It may be wonderful. All I'm saying is that an impressive measured parameter does not guarantee sonic excellence.
You say you don't want to talk about sound, but what's the point of good audio design except to create good sound? I don't get a thrill from reading an impressive specification sheet.

Vade Forrester

jacusz -- Sun, 10/07/2012 - 02:39

So please look at this:

http://www.ultrahighendreview.com/funk-tonstudiotechnik-lap-2-v3-preampl...

jacusz -- Sat, 04/14/2012 - 02:23

And where are you? Maybe, do you wont to test such device?
And yes, this impressive measured parameter guarantee sonic excellence, beleve me !!! In may you can read review on www.highfidelity.pl in Emglish, now this text is only in Polish language.

Jacek Zieliński

jacusz -- Fri, 05/18/2012 - 12:33

Maybe something interesting about headphone amplifiers:

http://funk-headphone-amplifier-lpa-2.blogspot.de

All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1999 - 2011 NextScreen. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or part in any form or medium without specific written permission is prohibited.