AKG-K240

jgraffi@semo.net -- Fri, 06/25/2010 - 16:56

I've been looking for a pair of headphones for about 6 months and every time I thought I had it narrowed down, I'd find some review that was very negative. Didn't matter if it was Senns or , or ... Obviously, you can't please everyone. 
Finding any decent reviews by people who were using headphones to listen through high-end equipment was even harder. More difficult than that, though, was finding a place that not only carried 2 or 3 good brands but also that had the ability, or desire, to let you listen and compare. I mean, you wouldn't buy speakers without hearing them, would you?
Finally, I went to Guitar Center and picked up the AKG K240s. Just figured I'd 'bite the bullet' and pick something that had few 'cons' in the reviews.
Man, am I happy!
I brought them home, turned on the system, tuned in an FM station and plugged them in and just left it on for 120+ hours. These things sound awesome! The highs are not over done and are exceptionally clean. I can hear everything sharp and clear. Not muddled at all. They are not bass heavy. With everything set 'flat' they sound like they should (Flat is how I run the system anyway.
Plugged them into the iMac the other day - wow!
I'd recommend these to anyone not wanting to spend more than $100.00 but wanting something really good.

All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1999 - 2011 NextScreen. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or part in any form or medium without specific written permission is prohibited.