(2003) ROTEL RSX-1056 vs (2009) DENON AVR-1909

default -- Mon, 10/26/2009 - 11:44

TO USE WITH MY BW 5.1 SPEAKERS, 6300 SERIES.
Because I'm gonna use it for apple tv, bluerray, etc, I thought Denon with itS HDMI connections was a better option. Some of my audio purists friends say i'm crazy, claiming the Rotel is in a different league, way better than Denon. We don't have in mexico that kind of support. Some advice would help. Thanks a lot.
Note: I already have the two receivers, so I'm just deciding what should be used in my favorite studio.

Edgard Cane (not verified) -- Mon, 10/26/2009 - 11:45

Because I'm gonna use it for apple tv, bluerray, etc, I thought Denon with itS HDMI connections was a better option. Some of my audio purists friends say i'm crazy, claiming the Rotel is in a different league, way better than Denon. We don't have in mexico that kind of support. Some advice would help. Thanks a lot.
Note: I already have the two receivers, so I'm just deciding what should be used in my favorite studio.

tasreader -- Wed, 11/11/2009 - 20:28

Your friends are right.
Sonically the Rotel is much better than almost any Denon and should do fine if you aren't concerned with the latest HT geehaws but as you are then the Denon will have better connectivity.
You could keep the Denon as a preamp and buy a separate multi-channel Rotel amp.
That would give you the best of both worlds !
Regards,

All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1999 - 2011 NextScreen. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction in whole or part in any form or medium without specific written permission is prohibited.