AVGuide.com is a smart place for people to learn, share and connect. AVGuide.com accounts are intended for personal use and as such we ask that you respect the fact that people use our network for their information and enjoyment.
Who we're looking for:
- Please and thank you sayers
- Creativity encouragers
- Golden rule rememberers
- Photo and video uploaders
- Question askers
- No ego answer givers
- Knowledge spreaders
We've developed the following community guidelines in order for AVGuide.com to largely self-govern itself. If you feel another user is acting out of line, please report it to us here . If we find you're out of line, we will likely give you a warning. If you continue to be a nuisance, your account will be terminated.
- Treat people how you'd like to be treated. When you see cool stuff, leave a comment or get a discussion going. If someone uploads a picture of their speakers and it doesn't float your boat, don't sweat it. Be polite and respectful. Discussions are encouraged; hating is prohibited.
Don't forget the Golden Rule
- Don't hate, don't threaten, don't call people names, don't be angry and don't drown yourself in a sludgy cynical pool of death sludge. If someone is mis-behaving, report it to us, don't attack them. Enough said.
Don't be offensive
- There are users of all age here. Don't upload offensive images and video or those containing nudity. This isn't church, but keep your language clean. Respect other users (and if you have a problem, report it directly -- don't pick fights or make accusations in the forums or comments).
Be Encouraging, Don't Be Insulting
When people know less than you do, be helpful and supportive. When you think you know, but you don't really have first hand experience, be cautious of the limits of your knowledge. Be respectful of surprising points of view. Draw a clear distinction between accepted wisdom and what you actually know first hand.
Don't steal photos and videos
- Copyright is serious stuff. We respect those who create and will work hard to defend their rights. Do not post copyrighted material, unless you own the copyright.
Don't rant about Dealers and Manufacturers
- If you have a problem with a dealer or manufacturer, please take it up with them. If you do it here, we will delete it.
Don't spam, Don't self-promote
- Don't use the site for sending unsolicited advertisements, commercial messages, or bulk messages for nefarious means. If there's a cool site you want to share, send it along only if it fits with the context and purpose of the discussion. Remember that there's a fine line between enthusiasm and self-promotion; assume that sharing other sites is self-promotion unless you're really sure it isn't. If we find you're hitting up our forums and link section for the wrong reasons, we'll terminate your account and delete your posts. If you see a problem with this, please report it.
Don't hijack threads
Stick to the topic at hand. Don't kill the dialog on an original post, especially to float your pet issue.
If you are a dealer, manufacturer, distributor, media member or other industry participant, please identify your affiliation in EACH post.
When all else fails just contact us here. Remember that we reserve the right the block or cancel accounts and to edit or delete posts to keep this a great place to have conversations and share.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, demeaning, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.