According to a press release, Sunfire is introducing the Theater Grand Media system, a modular media server for music and movies available in 1TB, 3TB, and 6TB versions. The system user interface features a small video screen that makes it easy for users to organize and enjoy a variety of media, including movies, music, and photos. See the press release below for more details.
Sunfire Hits New Heights with the Ultimate Media Server Solution
Leading luxury home theatre brand offers premium, scalable mediaserver/client system with enterprise-level reliability
ISE, Amsterdam Netherlands, February 3, 2009 -- Sunfire, a specialist in the design, manufacture and marketing of luxury home theatre products for the custom specialist and retail markets, debuted a cutting–edge server solution befitting the company’s innovative reputation.
The company’s Theater Grand Media system is a high performance, modular and scalable media server for music and movies with storage options ranging from 1TB up to 6TB.
The TGM-100 system is as easy to use as it is sophisticated. Customers load their collection of DVDs and CDs onto a highly reliable, enterprise-level storage solution. Artist, album, genre, film, director, even cover art, are downloaded automatically using Gracenote® and other online metadata sources - making it a breeze to sort through extensive collections. A stunning, animated TV interface provides intuitive and instant access to the collection – all at your fingertips from the comfort of your favorite seat.
Best-in-class video performance upconverts the users existing DVD library to near-HD 1080p quality. And with the system’s scalability and TGM-100C client, they can enjoy the same experience in up to 7 different rooms in the home – truly a videophile’s reason to celebrate.
In addition, the server features a dedicated DVI output with a Graphical User Interface for intuitive third-party controllers such as the ELAN Via touch panels. Due to its tight integration with ELAN control systems, the Theater Grand Media system will also be available to select ELAN dealers.
Whether you’re looking for a music only system to store your precious CD collection, or an enterprise-level multi-terabyte solution for mixed media including music and movies, Sunfire has a solution for you.
The TGM-HD1 is a 1TB, RAID 1 system that offers single redundancy backup for smaller libraries.
For larger collections and even more robust backup, choose from 3TB and 6TB options (TGM-HD3 and TGM-HD6, respectively) that can store up to 900 DVDs in one chassis. Enterprise-grade RAID 6 hard drive solutions, fully customized for the CI industry, bring critical application performance only seen in financial, medical and scientific markets.
This platform boasts dual redundant hardware that creates a real-time backup of your precious library. Dual redundant, field replaceable power supplies, fans, and hard drives ensure that that the system will be ready to entertain when you are. And scalability means that you are able to increase capacity as your library (or family) grows – up to 1,800 movies and beyond.
What’s more, both the 3TB and 6TB systems feature intelligent remote diagnostics. This early warning system alerts the user and dealer of important system conditions – in many cases preventing problems before they occur.
Co-developed with Imerge, a recognized world-leader in server solutions for more than a decade, the TGM-100 utilizes over 10 years of media server hardware and software development experience, delivering industry-leading audiophile and videophile performance. The TGM-100 and its complementary products are designed to set new benchmarks against which all others should be measured.
All models are available to order now and will be shipping in Q1 2009.
Sunfire will be exhibiting with sister company ELAN Home Systems at the upcoming Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) show in Amsterdam February 3-5, 2009 in Booth 5P78. Personnel from Sunfire headquarters will be conducting demonstrations of the Theater Grand Media server and other new products throughout the show.
TGM-100 / TGM-100C Theater Grand Media Server/Client Features:
• STORE your entire collection of DVDs and CDs on a system that is as easy to use as it is sophisticated
• ACCESS all of your media using an intuitive high resolution TV interface – stunning widescreen display provides access to your entire collection of music and movies – all at your fingertips from the comfort of your seat
• VIDEOPHILE 1080p cinematic experience – best-in-class video performance upconverts your exisiting DVD library to near-HD 1080p quality
• CLASSIFY your music and movies (inc. CD/DVD cover art). Artist, album, genre, film, director, and more are downloaded automatically to make it a breeze to sort through extensive collections
• SCALABLE for up to 7 simultaneous independent video zones (server/client system). Queue up SpongeBob in the living room while you rock out to a live Pink Floyd concert DVD in the theater
• REMOTE monitoring and diagnostics. Early warning system alerts the user and dealer of important system conditions – in many cases preventing problems before they even happen.
• AWARD-winning integration platform (XiVALink protocol via IP, RS-232, IR)