All New SRS Audio Essentials Delivers the Ultimate Entertainment Experience for Music, Movies, Videos, and Games on the PC
SANTA ANA, Calif., August 30, 2011 – SRS Labs (NASDAQ:SRSL), the industry leader in surround sound, audio enhancement, and voice post-processing technologies, announced today the availability of its all new audio software suite designed to enable any PC to pump out home theater-like sound. Loaded with a complete suite of fully customizable SRS audio enhancement solutions, the all new SRS Audio Essentials works with all PC-based media players and gives users full control of their audio experience.
“Today’s consumers are always on-the-go, demand their content on their schedule, and expect HD-quality audio and video playback on their mobile devices. Given the exponential growth of audio and video streaming services as well as the popularity of digital downloads, notebooks and laptops play a critical role in the entertainment experience of consumers,” said Allen H. Gharapetian, Senior Vice President of Marketing for SRS Labs. “Utilizing feedback and insight provided by our fans and friends through social media communities like Facebook and Twitter, we took on the challenge of designing the perfect audio enhancement software suite to address every problem faced by consumers dealing with poor quality compressed audio files as well as issues generated by the minimal frequency response range of small laptop speakers and headphones. All those efforts and research have culminated in an all new software solution that drastically improves the audio playback capabilities of any PC, allowing it to sound bigger, louder and more impressive.”
In practice, SRS Audio Essentials breathes new life into music, movies, games and all types of other content including YouTube style videos by processing the audio with patented psychoacoustic technologies to not only deliver an incredibly lifelike, immersive audio experience, but compensate for physical limitations of speaker configurations and headphones. Audio Essentials takes into account multiple variables when processing audio, including the type of content being played, size and number of speakers, style of headphones being used and the content source. It then mixes in the optimal amount of psychoacoustic processing, bass enhancement, sound field expansion and vocal intelligibility solutions for that specific mix. The end result is audio quality at its absolute best, allowing music to sound like it is being played live at a club, and movies and games to feel immersive and life-like.
• Sleek, intuitive UI – Advanced AV receiver look and feel
• Enhanced audio playback for 2-channel speaker systems
• Music Configuration - Tunings specialized for music
• External Speaker Configuration - Output specialized for external speakers
• Internal Speaker Configuration - Expert tunings for internal laptop speakers
• Bass Enhancement - Maximizes bass response capabilities according to speaker size
• Full-function stereo peak meter – graphically displays audio activity for 2-channels
• Advanced matrix surround sound decoding for surround sound speaker systems
• Virtualized 360 degree surround sound over headphones
• Intelligent volume leveling and volume maximization
• Movie Configuration – Optimizes the playback of movie content
• Game Configuration – Optimizes the playback of video games
• Presets for several popular speaker configurations
• Customizable Graphic EQ with bass, mid-range and treble settings
• Full-function 5.1 peak meter - graphically displays audio activity for 5 channels
Supporting every major PC media player and streaming content service, both versions of Audio Essentials are available now at www.srslabs.com/audioessentials for download. The MSRP for the complete version of Audio Essentials is $29.99.
To commemorate this announcement, SRS is running a sweepstakes where first and second place winners will receive a notebook PC pre-loaded with SRS Audio Essentials, and 15 other lucky entrants will win free copies of the software. The sweepstakes is running now through September 27, 2011. To enter the sweepstakes for a chance to win, visit www.srslabs.com/aesweeps. For more information about this announcement, SRS or our technologies, please contact us at pr [at] srslabs [dot] com or visit us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.