Enhanced Television Performance
The new Elite SC series receivers utilize proprietary enhancing technologies to maximize the user’s television performance with video conversion and scaling, image enhancement, and video adjustment for detail, sharpness, brightness, contrast, chroma level and black level for individual video sources. To enhance the video performance from any connected source, both receivers convert all analog signals to HDMI and scale both analog and digital signals to 1080p resolution for a significantly improved visual experience. Additional technologies include Marvell™ Qdeo™ processing, Advanced Video Adjust and Stream Smoother to enhance the picture quality of any source.
• Marvell Qdeo video processors – The Elite SC receivers offer high quality video processing for maximum performance and flexibility powered by Marvell’s award-winning Qdeo technology. Marvell Qdeo offers a truly immersive viewing experience by capturing, processing and rendering a wider variety of video signals ranging from high definition Blu-ray Disc to portable video sources such as smartphones.
• Advanced Video Adjust – Pioneer’s new Advanced Video Adjust technology automatically optimizes video signals by the type of display (selected manually) connected to the receivers, such as plasma, LCD and front projector. For example, the receivers can reproduce a detailed and virtually noiseless image on plasma panels, enhance the black level of LCD displays, and produce sharper, more vivid image matching for front projectors. The receivers can further adjust and enhance images based on the user’s viewing distance from their display by utilizing the distance information established during MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System) calibration to determine how much adjustment is necessary.
• Stream Smoother – Pioneer enhances compressed video files with its proprietary technology Stream Smoother. The feature automatically enhances images coming from the Internet via other devices such as Blu-ray Disc players by reducing compression noise and establishing more detailed, finer images. The technology is especially helpful with low bit-rate video sources originally intended for viewing on small screens.
Proprietary AVNavigator (Interactive Assistance)
• Wiring Navi – Pioneer is making the installation process for each receiver simpler by providing consumers an interactive guide application called Wiring Navi with the use of a Windows-based PC. Users simply answer a series of questions about the hardware connected to the home theater system and the application will automatically update the receiver with the correct settings.
• Interactive Manual – Once the receiver is connected using the Wiring Navi application, the Interactive Manual application provides a linked two-way interactive manual that gives users a way to dynamically learn about all of the new features of each AV receiver. For example, a push of the ALC button on the front of the receiver will take the user directly to the portion of the manual that explains the Automatic Level Control feature. Alternately, users can click on a section of the owner’s manual and the feature of the receiver will automatically activate (e.g., when the user clicks on the FL Dimmer section of the owner’s manual, the Front Panel Display of the receiver will dim).
The new Elite SC-57 and SC-55 receivers are available at authorized Pioneer Elite retailers.
It all began with a passion for music that Pioneer founder Nozomu Matsumoto hoped to share with the world. He started Pioneer in 1938 as a specialty speaker company, building products out of his garage. Today, Pioneer’s Home Entertainment and Business Solutions Group continues Matsumoto's enthusiasm, developing award-winning audio and video home theater products including A/V receivers, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD players, and speakers. Long-standing partnerships and collaborations with the creative community have provided Pioneer unique insight in its quest to capture the purity of a movie or musical artist’s original vision into its broad range of home entertainment products. The company’s brands include Pioneer® and Elite®. More details can be found at www.pioneerelectronics.com.