May 14, 2012 – Dallas, TX – Naim unveiled the next iteration of their original award-winning all-in-one player, the NaimUniti 2, in Munich last week. The new model includes all of the features of the original NaimUniti, but with several key updates and improvements.
The NaimUniti was the original Naim all-in-one player, with CD playback, USB, streaming, and internet radio with a built-in DAC and internal amplifier for a sophisticated one-box solution. The new NaimUniti 2 takes that formula and improves upon it based on research and development learned over the last two years.
New Features of the NaimUniti 2:
• New and improved CD player – featuring a new mechanism, Burr Brown PCM 1793 DAC, tray, and clamp
• 24bit/192kHz streaming
• Upgraded 70W amplifier – an increase of 20W
• Improved sound quality – using knowledge gained during development of the SuperUniti, the NaimUniti 2 has received a full board redesign (analog, digital, and display) plus sonic tweaks to the amplifier stage. These include additional regulator lifting capacitors, changes within the sound critical sections, a new lower load capacitance crystal within the clock, a lift to the Wi-Fi antenna, and new rectifier diodes on the digital power supply.
• 1 amp charging for iPod – via front USB port
• Rear panel mini-USB port for software updates – replacing the previous RS232 connection
• New larger display window – as used in SuperUniti
• US retail price $4,695 (availability expected late June)