Los Angeles, CA-based mStation|mophie is now shipping a case for the iPhone 3G that doubles as a battery and also doubles the battery-life of the 3G phone. (mStation is an industrial design firm that recently acquired mophie, an iPod accessory company.)
The new case/battery, called the Juice Pack Air, is billed as the world’s thinnest Apple-certified external battery for iPhone 3G. The rechargeable 1200 mAH battery, which is integrated into the ultra-thin case, will cost $79.95 at Apple stores and http://www.apple.com. Its pass-through design allows users to charge their Juice Pack Air at the same time as they sync with iPhone 3G and iTunes via USB cable.
Some other features:
• Standby time up to 270 hours
• Talk time up to 4.5 hours (3G); up to 9 hours (2G)
• Internet use: up to 4.5 hours (3G); 5.4 hours Wi-Fi
• Audio playback: up to 20 hours
• Video playback: up to 6 hours
For more info, point your browsers to http://www.mphie.com/products/juice-pack-air.