Want a powerful subwoofer in your stereo or home theater systems but wish the cabling were invisible? You’re in luck. Two stalwart brands in the audio industry are now shipping wireless subs to fit any system needs.
The PSSW310W, PS212W, and PS210W from Infinity each include a compact transmitter using the 2.4GHz range for clear and reliable transmission from your source to the transceiver built into the systems.
JBL is shipping two wireless subs, the ES250PW and ES150PW, both featuring a transmitter module that connects to your source and also operates in the 2.4GHz range. Woofer cones on both JBL models are made from polymer-coated-cellulose-fiber cone material and both models incorporate a specially shaped bass port tuned to the woofer and enclosure for extended low-frequency response.
Specs on the Infinity subs:
• PSW310W, 400W amp, 10-inch woofer with Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm driver material, dual 10-inch CMMD passive radiators and bass-optimization system. ($1,199)
• PS212W, 400W amp, 12-inch woofer with Metal Matrix Diaphragm. ($679)
• PS212W, 300W amp, 10-inchy MMD woofer. ($549)
Specs on the JBL subs:
• ES250PW, 400W amp, 12-inch woofer. ($729)
• ES1250PW, 300W amp, 10-inch woofer. ($599)