Significant Upgrade to Boston’s Acclaimed SoundWare XS 5.1 System; Compact SoundWare S Offers Even Greater Acoustic Performance, In Stunning High Gloss Finish
Peabody, MA, November 2, 2011 -- Boston Acoustics®, Inc., a world-renowned manufacturer of innovative home entertainment solutions and high performance loudspeakers, is expanding its award-winning SoundWare loudspeaker family with the debut of its new high-performance six-speaker SoundWare S Home Theater Speaker System (MSRP: $799.99). A step-up version of the company’s award-winning SoundWare XS 5.1 system, SoundWare S offers home theater lovers even greater acoustic performance, with more immersive surround sound, more detailed dynamics and higher output. The high gloss black version of the system will be available in October 2011.
The SoundWare S system is comprised of five ultra-compact SoundWare S satellites, each measuring less than 4 inches, plus a compact 10” 200-watt (300-watt Peak) powered subwoofer. It’s the ideal solution for consumers who want to do away with bulky “box type” speakers and enjoy rich, room-filling sound in a stylish, compact system.
Kevin Zarow, Vice President of Sales for Boston Acoustics, noted: “Our SoundWare line has been embraced because of its distinct design and flexibility. Now consumers looking for a compact, high performing home theater speaker system have another option with our SoundWare S. The slightly larger sized SoundWare S speakers create an even greater acoustic experience than that of our award-winning SoundWare XS 5.1 system."
For users who want an even more detailed and immersive audio soundscape, Boston Acoustics is making optional SoundWare S Special Edition satellite speakers available, allowing users to create 6.1 or 7.1 channel surround sound systems. The compact satellites provide the dramatic audio power and performance of true two-way speakers, with 31Ž2-inch (65mm) mid-bass drivers and 3Ž4-inch dome tweeters. The result is astoundingly accurate and pure sounding music.
Boston’s “Smart” Features
Like all Boston Acoustics products, the new SoundWare S includes “Smart” features designed to give consumers several ways to enjoy all their entertainment content:
• Distinct SoundWare polyhedron shape for virtually unlimited placement options
• Stealth articulating mounting brackets allow the speakers to be hung flush on a wall, or tucked away in a corner while allowing the speaker to be angled towards the main listening area
• Powered subwoofer features Boston’s Patented BassTrac® circuitry for clear undistorted bass at all listening levels and includes both speaker level inputs and outputs and a line level out, providing consumers with the easiest, most flexible setup
• Miniaturized authentic 2-way satellite system for true full range sound
• Satellites feature dual wire channels for easy connections, with rear panel wire grooves for easier hook-up
• MagnaGuard magnetic shielding
Boston Acoustics SoundWare family includes SoundWare S (MSRP: $799.99), SoundWare XS Special Edition (MSRP: $599.99), SoundWare XS 2.1 (MSRP: $399.99), SoundWare XS 5.1 (MSRP: $499.99), and SoundWare (MSRP: $99.99).
About Boston Acoustics
Founded more than 30 years ago, Boston Acoustics is a world-renowned leader in high-performance loudspeakers, tabletop products, and advanced car audio systems. The company’s “Play Smart®” approach is reflected in its product design, which allows consumers to enjoy high-performance audio while expressing their personal style and tastes. For more information on the company’s full range of advanced products, please visit BostonAcoustics.com.