Monday, April 16, 2012, Livingston, Montana, USA - Baetis Audio announced today the unveiling of their new Baetis media computer. At less than 8 pounds and only 9.5” wide, 10” deep and 4.25” high, this small wonder of a media server can handle more types of audio and video file than any other audiophile player, server, or computer. Think of just about any type of high-quality audio or video file that exists in digital form – CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, Super Audio CDs (SACDs), internet streaming of HD audio and video, high-definition digital download files from sites such as HDTracks.com or ReferenceRecordings.com, the Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall, etc. – then add all the types of medium quality AV files such as MP3 files, Pandora, Hulu, Rhapsody, You-Tube, etc. – and you can start to understand what this little machine can do.
For each of these major types of entertainment, the Baetis computer can do the following:
- Rip the audio or AV disc for long-term permanent storage in your home, not on some far off web server. Ripping is perfect and uncompressed. Ripping of Blu-ray discs can create files of 30G’s or more (that’s gigabytes not megabytes) in perfect form. Of course, we do not condone any illegal copying of media and do not make or sell copying software.
- Store the file so that you can instantly browse through thousands of albums, concerts, and movies on your monitor’s screen and see all the information you need regarding each file – info such as the cover art, name, director, actors or musicians, release date, etc.
- Retrieve the file and play it back in perfect bit-streaming mode to your Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC) or Multi-Channel DAC/pre-amp/video processor (Pre/Pro). The Baetis handles more types of audio or video file than any other bit-streaming device, and plays them all without Digital Signal Processing (DSP) that can reduce the quality of the sound or video on its way to your DAC or pre/pro. If you are a true audiophile you will be amazed at the sound quality coming from a Blu-ray concert with TrueHD™ or DTS-HD Master™ sound-tracks.
- Act as the central server for whole-house music and video, streaming bit-perfect, uncompressed audio and video going to any other room of the house.
- Stream your entire music and video collection to your Android or iPad whenever you are traveling, again, without compression. You will want to buy MUCH better earphones for your tablet than you are now probably using.
- For the ultimate in remote controls, the Baetis can be controlled by a dedicated touch-screen Android or iOS device from a listening/viewing position anywhere in the house.
Our machines sell for a fraction of the major brands, some of which go for well more than $10,000 -- yet some cannot handle blu-ray discs, or cannot bit-stream some audio bit-depths or resampling rates. Our products are better AND less expensive, and built right here in the USA.
For a 90 day trial, a special introductory price, a 2-year hardware guarantee, and 1-year of full telephone support, go to www.baetisaudio.com and learn more (a LOT more).
John Mingo, CEO of Baetis Audio, says “We are in this for the long haul. We know that making true high-definition audio and video more widely available is not easy. We tried to build the best, and price it better than fairly ... only your own eyes and ears can tell us if we met our objective.”